Discount Drug Program
The Discount Drug Program is available to Service Benefit Plan enrollees at no additional premium cost. It enables you to purchase, at discounted prices, certain prescription drugs that are not covered by the regular prescription drug benefit. Discounts vary by drug product, but average about 20%.
The program permits you to obtain discounts on the following drugs:
- For sexual/erectile dysfunction: Caverject injection, Cialis tablet, Edex injection, Levitra
- tablet, Muse suppository, Staxyn tablet, Viagra tablet, and Yohimbine
- For weight loss: Meridia capsule and Xenical capsule
- For hair removal: Vaniqa cream
- For hair growth: Propecia
- For skin pigmenting/depigmenting/re-pigmenting: Retinoids [Renova 0.02% (tretinoin) and Avage 0.1% (tazarotene)], Hydroquinone-containing products (Aclaro, Eldoquin Forte, Epiquin Micro, Lustra, Melanex, Melpaque, Nuquin, Obagi Products, Remergent, Solaquin Forte, and Tri-Luma), Monobenzone products (Benoquin), and Tretinoin 0.02%
- For Miscellaneous: Peridex and Latisse.
Drugs may be added to this list as they are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
To use the program, simply present a valid prescription and your Service Benefit Plan ID card at a network retail pharmacy. The pharmacist will ask you for payment in full at the negotiated discount rate. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-624-5060.
Page last updated: November 28, 2012